"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Friday, December 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Vacation!


I'm so proud of Austin for agreeing to getaway over our Thanksgiving break.  Except for me, the rest of the family had an extended break so I wanted to make the most out of what days I had off.  Austin's family used to vacation over Christmas break (when the lake was closed), but we aren't wanting to travel on vacation over Christmas just yet, so we chose Thanksgiving.  And, it just so happened that this also gave us a good opportunity to spend time with my brother, my sister-in-law and the new baby girls... so we went to Washington D.C.

No trip with a Cable would be complete without someone barfing and Leila made sure the trend continued.  Her favorite white blanket, favorite nightgown, and her entire bed got coated in the lovely stuff within one hour of going to bed for the first night.  (Baby shampoo is a great stain remover!)  Gage added the bookend on our last night in our extraordinary hotel suite and poor Puppy took the biggest hit if you don't count the curtains or the floor.  Hopefully we won't  be blacklisted from the hotel so we can return again!  ;)

We were able to go to the Natural History Museum, both Air and Space Museums, to a Christmas Parade in Reston, multiple IMax shows, and some driving tours of some of the monuments.  I was suckered into becoming a Smithsonian Member because Gage, of course, is ready for another trip, like, tomorrow, so we've decided that our next trip will include packing our bicycles.  DC is such a beautiful area to visit and my brother and his family is such a beautiful reason to make sure we go back frequently!





A Beacon in the Museum JUST LIKE the Beacon we have at home!  :)

Inspiration for Gage's Bedroom Decor

Darren and Petrina

Gabrielle nestled and warm

Another little girl who isn't too big for her Daddy!

Pierce Fire Trucks were everywhere~ Gage took his own photos of all the Pierce trucks he could find.



My brown-eyed mini me.

Incredible Space Shuttle

Another Lost Tooth!

Gage decided he was "not going to be a fighter pilot [mom] but I do think I want to design those planes....that's a much safer job for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment