I knew the bug was coming to our house; I just sensed it. I had no idea that I would be the one being hit by the bug. In all my efforts to take care of our kids, our house, my husband, and my job, sometimes moms just need a slow down, but I'd rather have one without it being caused by the flu.
In over five years of marriage, I have never had the flu. I have had several other ailments, sicknesses (mostly related to pregnancy), and other odd under-the-weather moments, but never due to the flu. Up until this fall, I also had never received a flu vaccine, but I thought with Gage going to school, his allergies, and having a lil' one in the house, I had better get the vaccine this year. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting the vaccine again.
Austin has handled being Mr. Mom with grace and skill. Thank goodness he has a 3-day weekend. Leila asks me regularly to 'wake up, mommy!' and Gage has asked if I was going to die! I must look pretty rough, but we've assured the kids that taking lots of naps is what I need and that nobody was going to be dying anytime soon. It's been pretty nice to get some rest, but while listening to the kids play and romp, it makes me ready to be amped up and back on my feet again. I see lots and lots of laundry in my near future. Hopefully, the bug stops here.
No comments:
Post a Comment