"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ski and more ski

We've had the kids out on the skis a couple of time so far this summer.  Miss Leila is a true athlete... that girl has strength like an olympian.  She's shimmying her way onto the training boom left and right, in the water and out, and she can ride like superman for miles.  We have her off the rope on the training boom now, and even though she got dragged under water, the girl didn't let go and made her way to the surface to brush the water out of her face and keep going.  Simply amazing.  If we had time to really work with her, I think she'd be up on skis this summer.  Once those tubes are out of those precious ears,  I'm much more game to let her be a water dog.  That girl makes me giddy!

Gage is on skis now, on the training boom, but can't quite last once he stands up.  He's good at his cannon ball position and form so he's able to ride his skis in a squat.  He hates the water in his face, though, so as soon as he thinks he's going to crash, it's all over.  (actually, it's the water up the nose that gets him).  Ever so slightly I think he's learning the challenge of the skis is a little more fun and rewarding, even though he crashes, than being dragged around the lake like superman.  The competitive nature is in him; don't be fooled, he just isn't always ready to try if he might lose.  We're working those kinks out one experience at a time.

So far my days on the skis are over.  :-(  But, I'm grateful for the ankle surgery recovery thus far so I'm not pushing my luck.  However, I might need a new challenging outdoors hobby.  Summer is slipping by fast this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment