Tonight I went to a friend's house for her Pampered Chef party. Totally not my thing typically (still bought over $100 of stuff), totally not a good day and time (Saturday night), and totally not mentally prepared to battle an un-napped Leila at the party.
But, the hostess is one of my dearest friends here and she is so kind and generous (even kept her kitties 'locked' up) that I was bound and determined to go and have a good time.
Needless to say, it was the nicest two hours in the middle of a Saturday night I've had in a long time. Leila was complimented all night on her good behavior (sometimes all I could do was smile and grin at the person complimenting her because I was waiting for another shoe to drop and for it to all be over.) And when we left, Leila said "Whew! That was just the nicest party mom!"-- as she swung her purse and skipped to the car.
You could put me in the middle of Timbuktu with my daughter and honestly, as long as she's happy, I feel like a million dollar mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment