And, that has also been a blessing for me because even though I thought I would get caught up on school work and prepared for mid-terms and such, I have really needed to give Leila a lot of TLC. She still has an ear infection and the antibiotic is just wrecking havoc on her tummy. To top it off, her top two teeth are pushing their way through but there is one that can not get here soon enough. The little pumpkin is not feeling well, missing her brother, and is just out of sorts. However, she is also crawling full speed ahead and is just barely 8-months old. This is miraculous to me because her brother was just army crawling at 12-months old. My list is long when it comes to how these two children of ours differ! I don't know if there is something in the water or what, but I can give her a great toy spread of cups, blocks, books, babies, light up stuff... you know, the whole gamut, and she will weed her way through it all until she spies a Gage tractor. The rest is in the dust... and off to the tractor she goes. I do believe the two of them will have a special bond.
"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Tales from another week
Gage has been at Grandma and Poppy's house this week. What started out as a little trip for him to spend a Monday in his favorite town has turned into almost a week of fun in his favorite town. I think Poppy enjoys retirement a lot more when Gage is around. Instead of our original plan of me picking up Gage on Tuesday, he 'gave permission' to my mom to bring Gage back home and just stay the weekend since they were already planning on coming to the Family Fest this Saturday. He used the excuse that he 'doesn't like me to be on the road by myself with both of the kids.' While that sounds sweet and endearing, all who know Poppy also know that he just has a hard time seeing his grandchildren leave. Case in point: Poppy said to Gage on Tuesday, "Gage, you make me happy." Gage replies, "Boys don't get sad, Poppy." On Monday evening, Gage asked Poppy, "Why do you get sad when I go home, Poppy?" Poppy said, "Well, because I miss you, Gage." Like every logical 3-year old, Gage replies, "Well, just come to my house with me!" Don't worry, Poppy, you got your two extra days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment