She's, of course still stubborn and particular-- she won't take any form of a drink from the babysitter but will eat any kind of food from the babysitter. Feeding her food at home is always a struggle but she'll always cuddle up with me and have a bottle.
Chase is one of her favorite games and she's not quite fast enough to crawl away without falling on her face in a fit of laughter and giggles before she gets back up and goes again.
Bath time is her absolute favorite activity--sometimes getting two a day just to make her happy. All I have to do is say, "Leila, let's get a bath" and she's off to the bathtub, instantly turning a cry into a squeal of delight. It's at this stage where even though she doesn't talk, she's starting to understand things and it makes me laugh because sometimes I feel it's similar to training or teaching a dog.
She loves to mimic sounds and mirror motions. Yesterday she and I played tickle for about 10 minutes: I tickled her toes and she'd pull them away and giggle. As I said tickle, tickle, tickle, she'd stick her foot in the air and try to say it too before pulling those stout pigs of hers away and giggling again. It was hysterical.
She hates shoes, doll babies, and being away from the action. She tears off diapers, bibs, and socks. She's close to walking, closer to standing on her own for longer than 15 seconds, and she can't get enough of the Wiggles and Chica. What it is about those silly characters, I'll never know.
At the end of her day she still prefers her momma over anyone and at the end of my day I collapse in exhaustion, thankful for our blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment