"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Friday, November 20, 2009

Glad I packed my Granny

Last weekend the girls took a trip to Washington D.C. for a girl party-- the description we gave to Gage when breaking the news to him that he was staying home with dad.  My mom, Leila, and I made the trip for my brother's fiance's wedding shower.  Krisi is one lady we're happy to call family and the trip was a great time for us.  Just getting away from the same old grind was refreshing and the weather was fantastic.  Leila absolutely loved playing with cousin Ripley, a yellow Lab, and they were so entertaining that they took center stage.  Leila is an animal lover--she mimicked him and giggled at him and Ripley was so protective of her once he got used to such a little creature among all of his belongings.  We met Krisi's family and I'm already missing the yummy Bulgarian dishes.  I'm pretty sure that Darren and Krisi are going to have to move closer to Pittsburgh!  Luckily, for little Leila Granny was along for the ride.  Leila couldn't have made it without her.  I hope the car rides get better when we can turn around her car seat.  Like I've said a million times-- gotta love my momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment