"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Countdown

WIth only a few days to go before our Christmas celebrating begins, here's how we've been getting ready in the Cable household:

Gage has spent at least 30 hours under the Christmas tree as the train engineer at Grandma and Grandpa Cable's house. He is pulled in like a magnetic force and can only leave his duties for urgent business like going to the little gentleman's room.

Austin had surgery--in time to officially get out of wrapping or doing any of the shopping, but also in time for both of us to be more grateful for the work that each person does. Whew. I have learned that I have a love/hate relationship with the wood burner.

Despite our third straight year of being in some stage of remodeling (aka: complete overhaul from room to room), I decided I had to put up the Christmas tree and Austin would have to put a hold on drywall installation until after Christmas.

Gage's preschool Christmas party was exactly what I envisioned preschool parties to be-- lots of singing, lots of food, lots of smiling faces, and 1 little Leila in the thick of it who was falling right into place with what the 'big' kids were doing. I was actually impressed with her... not just proud and relieved, but impressed. She even followed directions during carpet time until the A B C s that are on the carpet got her attention. When the kids exchanged presents it was really nice to see how grateful they were towards their friends. It was nice to be part of it.

... and the traveling chaos and celebrating with family begins soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment