When I moved away I traded in eating lunch with some of my most favorite teacher colleagues ever. In these days, my lunch colleagues are Leila and Gage, and school is still the main topic of discussion. Today's scoop: who will Gage marry?
He's been pretty bent lately about growing up and marrying his sister. Today I told him he might meet someone else that he'll want to marry. He wasn't thrilled to hear this. I started naming some girls that he plays with as possible future candidates and this made him even more distressed. In a huff, he changed the subject and told me about a game he played at school with his friends Josie and Sara.
Well, just today we had to turn around in our walk to the car and race back to the school because he had forgotten to tell something to Sara that just couldn't wait until tomorrow. By the time I caught up to where they were chatting, I was only able to catch the tail-end of this important message--- about their Pillowpets. :)
With this known and at that point during lunch, I brought up Sara as a potential wife candidate. The boy...he just exploded with a giddy, dopy smile and stammered... "oh, right, mom... right, right... I can marry Sara."
From that point on he was lost in thought, grinning... and eating his lunch in silence. I think it's fair to say I've figured out who his first crush is on. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment