This past fall was the most time-consuming and laborious fall that I've ever experienced in life. Just in time for Christmas, some things are falling off the to-do list. December is a busy, hectic, and joyful time all wrapped together every year so I still feel a little reprieve even though our boat isn't slowing down really.
Austin and I volunteered as though we were taking on another full-time job (on top of work, graduate school for both of us, and of course kids) to help with our school's levy campaign. It still failed, despite so much hard work and time, but it was nice to work together on a common goal and to try to do great things for kids, including ours. We'll see what happens this spring.
Austin is working on another endorsement, actually, due to the state of education in Ohio these days. Unless our district is absolved all together, I don't feel he is in jeopardy of losing his job, but he is proactive to maintain and climb, nonetheless. It's his nature. My biggest sadness about all of it--SB 5, school funding, etc... is how very little truth people (voters) really know about the laws and such behind school funding, how little many people are willing to listen or discover the truth, and, in turn, how much power their votes can have. Such a big disconnect--from government to the voters to the children. I feel the system is so broken.
With election over and behind us, we felt we might return to some stage of normalcy, but we've discovered that would not be the case... health has been shaken once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment