She's up... and then she's down. She's up... and then she's down! Just as Little Leila has mastered pumping the swing all by herself, she has also mastered the fickle temperaments of a 3-year old little girl.
Her desire for complete independence is crazy! Her own timetable, her own way, and her own spirit, Leila is sometimes quite a force and other times quite a young lady.
The ladies at the registration for track and field (which I found out was the director when we were leaving) ate her up, adopted her with kisses and cuddles, and she showed them a thing or two about her 'speed'. She's hoping to get snuck into a competition or two; she just doesn't quite get that will be the only way she gets to race.
We went to the Children's Museum in Pittsburgh over the weekend, which was the first time for Leila. Split up, Leila and I tackled two floors on our own (while I'm only two weeks out of surgery) and I can't help but sit back and take in how amazing I think she is. Yes, yes, I'm her mom, but even so, when I watch her take over manipulatives, books, art projects, and stuff like that, I can't believe how much she knows and can do on her own. She's like looking into the soul of a girl in college even those her little nose and big brown eyes keep us in reality that she's only 3. Whew. If. I. could. just. stop. time.
Later that day, she caused a scene in the grocery store that, had we been in an airplane, would have ended terribly with an emergency landing to kick out the Cable family. Bless her tired heart. Austin really had a major time getting us all to the car, including the groceries, and he stayed mad and irritated until the next day, but it was really, really good for her to see him that way. (Plus, I got to be the comforter, instead of the scolder, for a change.)
No comments:
Post a Comment