Miss Leila-- that girl will be happy with two boxes and some paper wads. I have a feeling Gage will be quite disappointed when Leila tosses the baby doll into the corner that he's requested for her on several occasions now. He just wants to be a great brother to her... minus the not being allowed to dump things on her head part. Seriously... almost a year old and it makes me very sad.
"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
So Curious about Santa
Never has Gage really cared about Santa and I haven't really pushed him to care either. However, this year he has grown quite fond of the guy. In fact, you'd think that they were true buds. We've already had to make cookies for him because Gage is sure that he'll be hungry if we don't. He has it all planned out in his head what he'll get, what Leila will get, and how Santa will get it all under the Cable tree even though we have a fire burning in our fireplace. His mind is always working. I loved listening to his conversation with Santa at the mall. This is the first time he's ever wanted to actually sit with him. It was even more awesome that he stuck out his hand for a handshake and introduced himself as 'Gage Brant Cable and I want a tractor.' I hate admitting that I'm grateful for the Santa leverage this time of year, but man, I love the Santa Claus is coming to town song... and I really love singing it to Gage when he needs his daily reminder for good behavior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment