"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Friday, January 15, 2010

O-M-G!!

Gage plays with dried beans as part of his construction site. The rule is that he can only play with the beans when Leila is sleeping and that if he doesn't pick them up, they will no longer exist for his 'quarry.' So far, so good, and he entertains himself for quite some time... like right now so I can blog.

When I was helping him today, he wanted to know, again, why Leila can't play with the beans. We had another conversation about how she puts everything into her mouth and that the beans would choke her and hurt her.

His reply: Yea, like yesterday when Leila ate dog poop at Mollie's. It made her choke.

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment