"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Things I Let My Children Do at Grandma's

We just spent quite a bit of time in McConnelsville because I had a class reunion to get ready for because I was the event planner. While in McConnelsville, my kids got a taste of town life. This includes bare feet all day, playing on the porch long after bath time, playing in the rain and mud, taking walks every day through town, and going to the town pool. One of the reasons these things don't happen much around our home is because bare feet is a danger with all the loose dogs and sappy pine trees. (I have enough cleaning to do) And even though we have a sandy beach of our own at the lake, the town pool was extremely cool for my kids. (And, I much prefer the crystal clear water and cement myself) When I grew up, I spent my weekends in the country at my grandparents and lived most of my days in town. I called it the best of both worlds. I'm glad that we all still get the town experience--there's just something about little ol' McConnelsville that will always be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment