Gage and Leila watched with me as Prince William and Kate made their debut onto the balcony at Buckingham Palace. We didn't watch much of the coverage (sleep is still so priceless around here) but what we did see excited Leila and Gage-- to see a real, live Princess! In the moment, Gage asked where my princess dress was from the day "when you married daddy?"
In the spirit, I dug it out (it's been on the same hanger in the same garment bag since my wedding night) and showed it to him. They were both really excited and Leila especially liked all of the beads and pearls. I didn't turn down Gage's request to put it on and be a princess-- and was pretty excited that it still fit after six years and two babes.
They sat on our couch with their eyes shut until I made my entrance and we all shared a little dance together until I hung it back up!
It's always fun to feel like a princess and it sure did bring back some amazing wedding day memories-- every wedding is a royal wedding... no matter how it's pulled off :) (and, it reminded me that I for sure need to get it to the cleaners!)
No comments:
Post a Comment