The rain hasn't held us back much. And, I'm glad all of us own rain boots.
Last weekend we rolled from the Classic Tractor and Car Show at Edison High School (we've made it to every one) to Austin Lake for Courtney's 30th Birthday Celebration to MoCo for Finley Fire Equipment's Pierce Open House, only to conclude with Farm Council, once again.
One thing must be said first-- Leila behaved exceptionally in all of those environments--even without napping. She deserved a mountain of stickers for her listening skills and pleasant personality. I asked Austin if he thought we were rounding a corner with her and he refused to comment. Boy, does this girl love the mechanical things just like her brother. (and she has mad dancing rhythm as well, I might add, as she did quite a number while Courtney and Zac sang at the party)
At Courtney's party, Leila lost her balloon into the sky, and she immediately turned to me and in exasperation said, "Momma, I need a rocket! I need a rocket! I need a pink rocket to get my balloon! I need a rocket to put the balloon back into my hand!" It was a mouthful all in a rush, but this girl was serious about getting a rocket. The next day as we watched the MedFlight helicopter leave the Pierce Open House, she jumped up and down and cheered and we quickly found out why: She spun around and clapped and said, "He's going to get my balloon! He's going to get my balloon! The helicopter is going for my balloon!" Bless her heart... she's still waiting on that balloon.
By far, Gage was most pleased with meeting Pluggie. Pluggie has been around for as long as I can remember and is a remote controlled fire hydrant who rolls around, squirts water, and talks to kids about fire safety. Gage could have moved in with Pluggie, they became so well-acquainted. In fact, two days later and he's wondering how Pluggie gets downstairs in the fire house. (I told Gage he lived upstairs at the Fire Station when he asked me about his permanent residence) He answered his own question, of course, and remembered that the fire station had an elevator, and like a light bulb going on, he smiled and said "So that's why they need an elevator instead of a pole at the fire station."
A kid's innocence. A kid's ability to live for the moment. A kid's ability to find happiness. We all can use a little kid brain now and again. They're absolutely the best thing on earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment