It's spring busy-ness around here!
School let out and it is bittersweet, of course. The field trip to the zoo was awesome fun (even though we didn't get to ride the bus) But, Gage's end of the preschool year was anti-climatic for us--no graduation or anything. But we made it and it ended with success, so that is climax enough. We are set for next year, but emotionally I am not prepared for him to be in school all the live-long day. With next year's schedule and the estimated bus time, Gage may not get home until 5 o'clock. I just can't wrap my brain around acceptance of that just yet. I'm from 'walking' backgrounds when it comes to elementary school, so to put him on a bus is bad enough... but to have him on the bus for so long (as a barely 5-year old) is going to take some time for me to get used to.
Memorial Day weekend came and went in a blink as it usually does. Austin Lake begins buzzing slowly on nice weather days with seasonals who come and go in preparation for the beginning of summer, but when Memorial Day weekend hits, this place turns into a monstrous hive of people coming and going about their plans from sunup past sundown. My parents made it up and opened up their camp site. Gage and I made our own path down to the creek (which is way cool, by the way) and he and Leila spent the weekend on adventures around their site and around the lake. It was almost as winter didn't even happen, except, of course, they are another year older with a year's worth of changes to aid in their 'camping' wants, needs, and abilities.
The yearly 'growth chart' at the concession stand shows that Gage grew about 4.5 or 5 inches and Leila grew 6 inches. That is craziness to me! (coming from someone who has been the same size since 7th grade)
It hardly feels like summer even though it has gotten hot in a flash. I've barely seen Austin in nearly two weeks, so I'm hoping for that summer slow down (just for a couple of days) to come my way soon. Somehow, June has already gotten booked up and I hardly feel that leaves much of summer at all given my summer endeavors with EGCC this year. Still optimistic for fun days ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment