"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Saturday, March 24, 2012

To Pee or Not to Pee...

Again, the unseasonably warm weather has us out and about down below much earlier than usual. However, rules are rules so even though the camping season is upon us with good weather, the water does not get turned back on all throughout the facility until the scheduled date. Because that doesn't really affect us, we aren't so stressed by it. In fact, when we get caught at a park and someone needs a restroom break, there are lots and lots of trees to choose from. (I don't let Gage do this when we're in-season, by the way... just when it's desolate)

In the last few days, Grandma and Poppy were here to clean out their old camper and to get ready to have their brand new camper delivered. Again, no water at the site means we've been improvising with the kids for certain potty breaks. (Quite funny to see Leila sitting on a little potty chair out in the middle of the woods!)

This morning, I turned my back for two minutes to catch up on some OU news regarding last night's basketball game and all of a sudden I heard her screaming from outside-- Leila was somehow locked out of the house. First, not happy that she just upped and went outside, I shooed her back in to second, find out she went outside in the first place for a 'potty break.' Oh boy.

It'd be one thing if it was just her being silly, wanting to pee like her brother on a tree... but, no. This girl just decided to pee all over the porch. We have a lot to work on, I do believe. A. Boys pee on trees in private when there are no other options. B. Girls pee in the woods when it's REALLY the only option. C. Boys and girls never pee on porches (unless of course, they become a future Bobcat and in that case, who knows where you might find yourself :) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment