As Leila continues to grow and become more and more of an active little girl, all with her own personality, I am continually reminded how lucky we are. These two children of ours were definitely meant to be part of our family: they keep our priorities straight, they keep us in line when it comes to what's really important, and they themselves are all the entertainment we could ever need. To top it off, the way they can entertain each other, even though Leila is not crawling, walking or talking, amazes me. Kids really do have a thing for each other.
Since Gage's first Christmas, he has been attached to this $10 clearance toy from Wal-Mart. He has been a student to the beads on the wire gizmo since he could sit up on his own. Even nearly three years later, because of the huge bead table, he loved it when I was in the hospital (every time I was in the hospital) when I was pregnant with Leila The mall has a huge bead table in the family restroom...and it's hard to get him to leave. Seriously, this kid is just attached. I knew it would probably not be a toy he'd part with when it came time for handing it over to Leila. I didn't even think she'd be interested in it because she just likes to chew on her toys... she's not really the patient, sit-down-and-figure-it-out kind of girl. And before I know it my kids do one of the things they do best-- they make a liar out of me every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment