We went shopping and picked out a new sweatshirt. We went to the grocery store and picked out a special snack (I let him buy swiss cake rolls for the first time ever). And, we had a special back- up snack in case we needed it once we got home. However, I realized that I was more nervous than he was... in fact he was awake at 4:30 and he was ready to go. He wanted to know if he could take his new fire truck to show his teacher, he wanted to know if he could take his balloon to show his teacher, he wanted to know if there would be nap time... he had many wants and I just wanted to back to sleep. :0
I wish I could have been a mouse in the corner, but I know he had a great day. In fact, that's an understatement--he absolutely loved it, even the part when he had to learn to 'lock his lips' when it was time to be quiet. Awesome... I needed that one around here. I also know that he was the boy in circle time who tried to cheer on the other kids who didn't want to join in. He said, "C'mon... be brave." And even though I'm sure it was he who started the sharing-a-toy struggle that occurred later, I'm still quite proud of him. Hopefully kindergarten will be this easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment