"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Sunday, February 21, 2010

He's hooked

On firetrucks, not on fish.

On our recent trip to McConnelsville, I believe Gage went to the 'station' five times in three days--once in his pajamas. There is no turning back for this boy and his love for engines, fire dogs, and the boys at the firehouse.

However, some of those boys at the firehouse have been planning to take him fishing when it gets warmer. As much as Gage thinks he wants to go ice fishing with them... he's just not going ice fishing. And, during this trip, as those boys went ice fishing without him, they did let him in on their catch when they returned-- three large mouth bass (one that was 6.5 pounds).

Not realizing they would be alive--and flopping--Gage definitely panicked. I wasn't here to see it, but I've heard all about it and people are definitely still laughing about it. Gage's version includes "you know, mom, I just think I'll feed the fish. I don't really want to see their heads," and "I really like to eat fish sticks because they are already caught and I can just eat them up."

No comments:

Post a Comment