"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Praise for the Husband

In two days, Austin has done two things for me that are just the berries!

Not only did he take me to a jeweler who is going to re-mount (re-set?) my current wedding rings into wedding rings that are, shall we say, more user friendly for our lifestyle. But, he also made it available for me to get some serious, no interruptions, sleep.

We've talked about the rings for awhile, and Austin wasn't quite on board so I didn't push it. However, this summer when he realized I could wear my rings about 10% of the time, I think he turned the bend on the importance of a new setting.

The jeweler was so much fun to work with and praised Austin and me for our teaming ability, which made us feel really good. That has been a big theme in our relationship this year. He shared couples stories with us that definitely made us realize how fantastic our marriage is. I wasn't after any kind of 'gold-digging' or in this case, 'diamond-digging' and we have decided on a setting that will use all the original jewels and gold. Whew... I thought there just wouldn't be something natural about replacing the rings that were blessed in marriage, so the integrity of the originals exist and I won't be questioned anymore with sad looks when I'm at the grocery store with two little ones and without a ring on my finger.

Secondly, Austin took the kids and camped out at his parent's house last night so that I could get much needed sleep. I got so much sleep that I woke up tired because of how rested I was. I think we're going to make a weekly habit of this for a few weeks. I have major tasks to complete at work, I got appointed to a major position in a school levy committee, and, it's Austin Lake season so I'm essentially a single parent without a babysitter option. It's easier to get piled on when you have rest so I'm grateful to be co-captain the Austin Cable team. Opportunities abound with dedication to hard work that is believed in-- and we believe, we believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment