"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Friday, August 5, 2011

On his own

Gage's bicycle riding has turned into a daily habit. I'm ready for his training wheels to come off, he's ready to just keep going on the training wheels now that he knows how fast he can get around (and because he's learned to manage all the hills).

On Easter he wouldn't get off the basketball court with his bike. In August, he traverses miles and miles. His latest moments of pride have been caused by learning to pedal up a huge hill without help (more independence for him) and by learning that it's extremely awesome to pedal as quickly as possible towards a flock of geese in the road. He bursts into huge laughters as they go screaming back towards the lake.

It's still my goal to get those training wheels off before winter begins. I think once Labor Day comes and goes and this place is a little less busy, it will be easier to just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment