I'm really not trying to run a photo-less blog here. Up to the point of not having internet at home (thanks to the big storms) our computer wouldn't upload photos and now I'm blogging at work because I really am paid to sit here for five hours regardless if I have students showing up for tutoring...and because we still don't have working internet at home.
So, you see, if I were to write about, let's say, our Fourth of July weekend, I might write about Gage chasing after Poppy and the Fire "Ka-plaris" during the parade and include the photo of my mom chasing after Gage while holding Leila. I might also include details of Leila's first trip to the fire station (and her first picture on the fire truck with Poppy). She was sporting a cute white bow while wearing her red, white and blue so it would hopefully prevent people from calling her a boy... but that trick didn't work.
(Might I also add that Poppy made his first-ever bottle over the Fourth of July weekend and unfortunately I could not snap a picture of that amazing feat.)
After the parade was over (thankfully, the local sheriff knows who I am and did not pursue child endangerment charges against me after Gage's mad dash) we went to the fire station so Gage could finally sit on the Fire "Ka-plaris." It was sprinkling, but that doesn't bother Gage. He just puts up his umbrella... and tells you to put up yours... even though this is all part of his pretend play. We amused him and went in the rain holding our 'pretend' umbrellas because it's just awfully hard to say no to Gage. Add a photo here that shows his big grin and glasses.
It's important to me that our kids understand all summer holidays as what they are and not about just working extra-long hours at the lake while every other family enjoys bar-be-cues and family time. So this year was the first time I really wanted to show Gage all about the festivals and fireworks. However, insert no photo here, as we both slept through the rest of the Fourth of July fun.
I'm working on the photo thing-- they really are worth a thousand words.
No comments:
Post a Comment