On Monday, we started at the allergy doctor. A new screening, including inhalants this time, turned up what our nurse said might happen, "He has a good enough chance as any kid to grow out of them or they could get worse, or he might get more." Can you guess the outcome? Grew out of none, some got worse, and added too many for memory more. Austin and I are contemplating life in Arizona. Well, we're only half seriously contemplating life in Arizona. I really think some accredited college should be mailing me at any moment now my degree that licenses me as a label-reader expert or something. He only freaked out on the nurse for about 10 seconds... and endured 32 needle jabs... so we took him to the Mexican Restaurant for Rice and Beans, his favorite, to Tim Horton's for some 'bow-nuts', and to swim at the lake for his great bravery. We call that Cable Courage... and we have to talk about it too often as we're at some doctor's office too often.
Today... not recovered from yesterday's no nap... he had his 3-year old well baby appointment. My cousin prepped me for what her twins had to do during their well baby so I had been prepping Gage for 10 weeks on how to draw a cross; I thought we'd have it in the bag and he'd leave the doctor's office labeled as a 'well baby.' Clearly, doctor's don't share those stupid milestone checklist things. So after successfully balancing on one foot, following a set of 3 commands, jumping over paper (without demonstrating for him) yadda yadda yadda-- he was supposed to build a bridge using blocks. I asked the nurse for some blocks. She looked at me like I was a blockhead. She said, "I've never read those things before, why do you need blocks." Explanation. "Oh, well, we don't have blocks." Point of the paperwork, please, if you folks don't read this information??? Long story short, Gage just wanted to go to the Sutton Farm, and he told everyone... several times. At least they spared him his shots since he'd had 32 the day before. Unfortunately, he did not get to show off his mad skills of cross drawing.
Regardless, I, of course, had to take him to the Sutton's--this time to go swimming. Another day, another missed nap. And tonight he went to bed covered in a crazy crazy rash. I can't wait to see what the dentist thinks of that tomorrow as Gage takes to the chair for the first time-- sleep deprived, water logged, and completely freaked out by white coats by now. At least the eye doctor on Friday means we'll be back in McConnelsville (my parents haven't seen me this often since I was in high school), which means Fire Trucks and Poppy-- great leverage.
PS-- Leila has been getting an eye full this week ... and an ear full.
No comments:
Post a Comment