"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Monday, July 20, 2009

Greener Pastures

After a busy weekend in McConnelsville enjoying a family reunion, our drive home continued the trend of excitement!  At one point, I looked over to Austin, who was driving, and asked, "Now you know why I like you to be home after a car trip with these two!"  I think we had to stop five times on this trip:  one for food, one to attempt feeding Leila, the car screamer, and to also retrieve Gage's food from the floor, one to just comfort Leila, the car the screamer, who was about to make us all cry, another to fix Gage's seat belt because "he was stuck," and the best and last stop... for Gage to pee in a field alongside the road.  A big truck gave him a hearty horn blow as it passed, and I was so proud of him I could have cried.  He's a lot like his mom--likes the comforts of his own bathroom at home.  Potty training him for public outings has been difficult because of this; however, maybe we had a breakthrough!  (Just in time for vacation next week!)  With the windows cracked to make it loud for little Leila and with Jack Johnson to aid as Tylenol for mom and dad.... we made it the rest of the way in near peace.  There's never time off from this job... and that's so we don't miss a beat on all the neat little things of which children seem to have an unending supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment