"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Working on Priorities

I realize this post will be more like a PSA for myself, but, hey, like anything else, once it's written down, it's more likely to happen. Even if that means making changes in my life. Thus, if I could quit my job tomorrow, I would. My kids are way more fun and interesting and I llike to cook dinner!

Of course, my students are also quite interesting, but the hoops we jump through just so I can get into my room and do my job are sometimes more frustrating than what it's worth. I'm glad to have my children to help me re-focus my priorities. Even though I only work part-time, I teach... therefore it always comes home with me. I feel it's necessary for my kids to be without me and with others (babysitter, pre-school, family members), but I could find plenty of other things to do so that they could still have their social opportunities. :) I would much rather potty train than sit through one more ridiculous meeting, conference, or 'course re-design.' We'll see where the months take us!

No comments:

Post a Comment