"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Excitement, the beginning

We'll be heading to Naples, Florida in less than two weeks. Here we come Big Jet Airplane! Gage is definitely ready for this adventure. Leila is always ready for any adventure if it means she gets to be social. And, I... I just can't wait to soak it all in--my brother's wedding, my beautiful sister-in-law, my kids seeing the ocean and the beach for the first time, my entire family all on vacation!! It's starting to get difficult to sleep at night :) and part of that difficulty is because when it's time to finally get some sleep, my brain starts going bonkers about lists. I'm a list person... always have been, always will be--especially in motherhood roles.

So far I have lists broken down into categories for each person, for each carry-on bag that we'll have, for each bag we'll check, and a list for supplies I'll surely forget if I don't write them down (to be broken down later into their respective bags). Some may read this and think "what a nut," but I'm okay with that. Thanks to this Type A personality of mine, despite the drawbacks it sometimes creates, my family gets to venture often, venture with style and props, and be well fed. I just wish we could stay for a week... or two, of course.

Happy wedding Darren and Krisi!

No comments:

Post a Comment