I can go on and on about how awesome it has been to have back great weather. Replace jackets with sunscreen, check. Replace warming up the car with hosing off feet in sink, check. Replace toboggans with sun hats, check and check. However, we love spring so much and have so many adventures in the outdoors that we're all quickly being handed our allergies in the form of a big ole' feel bad all day long cold.
Gage is in pretty bad shape this week. A week wouldn't be a week around here without someone going to the doctor for something--today's Gage's day. I thought we'd be able to just nurse him ourselves, but when the wheeze and gasp sets in, it's time for our favorite pediatrician. Thank goodness we were one of his first patients because two doctors have left the practice and our doctor got all of those patients... and it's been a madhouse for him. I think he likes his original folks a bit more still :0 Or, I'm justifying so I'm not paranoid that we show up all the time with another cold, ear infection, chipped tooth... and the occasional well-baby appointment. His nurses and I bond over talks of Bourbon slushies. Maybe one day we'll bond over drinking bourbon slushies.
So while we have lots more to eat around this house on Gage's menu, the environment still wrecks havoc on his little system. He told me he's never going to play in leaves again. (yeah, right, never until fall rolls around) I haven't been able to get him to grasp the concept of pollen yet--which is probably the real culprit of all this.
PS-- Our first doctor's appointment this week was Leila and the audiologist. Hearing is a-okay...despite her recurring ear infections, probably not going to need tubes. Great news!
No comments:
Post a Comment