Anyone not familiar with Thomas the Train may not get the humor associated with this post. Here at the Cable Cabin, we are definitely Thomas followers. Gage has loved Thomas since forever... it was one of his first words, actually. Leila even enjoys Thomas a lot more than I would have imagined. And, I have to admit that among our options for kid entertainment, I'm a big fan of Thomas also. With that said....
Gage got a new Thomas DVD recently because Dad just doesn't have it figured out how to go to the store and walk out without buying the kids something that they are begging to have (he gives me mad props for my abilities, by the way). At the end of this particular DVD it shows Thomas parked in Tidmouth sheds for the night, wearing a sleeping hat (stocking cap?), and going to sleep.
Last night Gage was having a coughing fit that I was afraid would lead to a puking fit so I went into his room with a bowl and such. While trying to be dutiful mom, I had to leave the room three times because I couldn't hold in my laughter. My poor son, hacking and gagging and trying to sleep, was lying in bed wearing his Pierce toboggan so that he could be like Thomas. I wish I could have taken a picture, but it just wouldn't have been nice of me in his condition. The out loud funny in all this is that this particular toboggan is an adult-sized toboggan, which means if it's just barely on his head he has about a foot of toboggan sticking up in the air. (thus, a great choice for trying to mimic Thomas' hat). His imagination never rests, even when he's sick.
As long as he's looking up to Thomas, we're in a good place!
No comments:
Post a Comment