"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ms. Independence & Pilot Gage

Let it be known that we survived our first flight to and from Florida as a family of four. Let it also be known that she was not the most difficult passenger on board--what a relief. However, my children did act precisely their ages while we were at the resort--puking in pools and peeing in the bed, refusing to eat, and making quite a few messes with the food we did try to feed them. Gage was so happy to see his cousins, Dominic and Anthony. Anthony really took to Leila, as always, and was a big help to me at the wedding. Dominic has a second shadow in Gage. And to tell you the truth, it was just so nice, despite the pitfalls of traveling with small kids, to smile so often and genuinely. We had a good time and it was a lot of work!! If I had to do it again, I wouldn't change anything, but I would certainly wish for more time that the four of us could hang out together--there was quite a bit of tag-teaming. Gage came home with strep throat and two ear infections--which makes me even more proud of his behavior while on the road and feeling as poorly as I thought he felt. I loved seeing my children react to the beach and to the little waves. I loved being together as a family for a beach wedding (which was absolutely first-rate, I might add) and it definitely was a character-building weekend. Austin and I joked to one another-- we made it home and still love each other :) Thanks for doing this for us, Darren and Krisi!! and, congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment