We are so close to kicking off another summer season at Austin Lake. Typically the month I have off between EGCC's finals and Memorial Day is for me to clean, play, relax, and feel un-scheduled with my kids for a bit. This month has not been typical. We kicked the month off with our trip to Florida, followed it up with three doctor's appointments (as Leila now has strep throat and ear infections and I'm going to the doc's tomorrow), and ended it with a bonfire, hayride, and trip to Athens. We did all of that in one week.
Week two of May has been all about nursing needy babes, myself, surviving among one another indoors as it's rained every day-all day, and will hopefully end on a high note of the Annual Classic Tractor Show at the High School. Gage gets to meet some of his local farm-owners at this show and then is typically able to quench his imagination and seek insight to his farming questions. Last year, this show landed him an invitation to visit a farm that I would label "a pretty-big-deal." So, we'll keep him 'out there' so he's able to continue networking. I'm not kidding... Gage, as a 3-year old, has already made a pretty big impact on a lot of adults around here.
After week two of May, the Cables have three graduation parties in week 3, company coming to town from Michigan, and by the time we turn around, week four will bring Memorial Day weekend. This is year five of our marriage, and will be only the second summer that I am not pregnant, nursing, and/or recouping from a c-section. I hope that means it will be one of our better summers--that I won't be stuck at the house, that my kids will not be on opposite sleep/wake cycles and will be able to play for long stretches of time, and that, of course, we'll get to utilize the ski boat more often for pleasure, rather than for work all the time. I might even get my grill out this year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment