We kicked off this morning too early for Leila and me, so we kicked it off with just ignoring some of the good parenting rules and everyone got cookies for breakfast--even me!
Last night I went shopping with Marsha and Ariana. It was one of a few monster trips it takes to get the concession stand stocked for opening weekend, which is Memorial Day weekend. At the GFS store, we had three buggies loaded to the brim and the check out guy was in quite a bit of disbelief that we really needed that much stuff. (If he only knew we had more stops to make that night, plus other trips to make in the same capacity)
I couldn't have made the trip without thinking of my kids, too, of course, so I had to think creatively to find treats for them at bulk food & supply stores. Actually, it took all of 3 seconds to know one treat I had to look for. See, my dad goes to the firehouse each morning to get his morning coffee. When he comes home, he comes with a plain, white styrofoam cup. Gage thinks those cups are the coolest. He has recently asked for cups like Poppy's. We already have lots of paper cups at home so I have not been in a hurry to buy styrofoam cups also... but last night I cracked and brought home a sleeve of cups just like Poppy's.
To add to the 'excitement' (doesn't take much, does it) I bought a huge box of 100-calorie cookie snack packs. To a kid, there's just something about getting his or her own little bag of cookies or chips. It's so much better than having some dished out from a big bag, and even though I'm all about thrift, I do recognize how 'cool' this is. Especially, since as a kid I was jealous of all my friends with the bags of fritos, cheetos, and ruffles because all I got was a giant baggie stuffed with Conn's. And, it wasn't even the ziploc kind of baggie. Side note aside, this morning Gage was eager (and in a bit of disbelief) to pick out his own snack pack, Leila, of course, got the same as Gage and we all sat down with our cookies and styrofoam cups of milk. Gage called himself a real fireman today.
Now, if we can just make it to lunch with the same kind of attitude :)
No comments:
Post a Comment