"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bed time Confessions

I have class on Tuesday nights and Gage usually 'has' to wait up for me before he'll go to sleep. This week was no different so once I slipped into my jammies, I headed to Gage's bed to hear about his night.

He had three "can I tell you just one more story, momma" moments. The last story took the cake:

Mom I'm getting too old to be a fireman anymore. I'm getting all burned up fighting fires. Look at how burned up Firedog is.
(gesturing to his 3-year old stuffed Dalmatian that is 'dirtier' looking than his two new stuffed Dalmatians, Rescue Dogs, given to him from Poppy and the fire station.)

I think I'm just going to be a farmer now instead.


Knowing that we're going to Appleton, WI on this Pierce Fire Truck adventure in just a matter of days, I had to think fast.

Farming is definitely a good profession, Gage. Good farmers can probably even be full-time farmers and part-time fire fighters. And good fire fighters might even be part-time farmers. Do you think you'd be able to do that?

Well, I don't know... I can only do so much at once, mom. (a phrase, I know he hears me say around the house often).

No comments:

Post a Comment