Winnie the Pooh would certainly agree with my title. Today is Gage's big allergy screening. With, yet, another allergist. Our allergist that we switched to at Children's Hospital moved to OSU and we haven't seen a new one. His pediatrician sent us to this doctor who, I think, is going to be the most comprehensive yet. For me, that's a good thing. For Gage, that's a good thing. For the day, that's a prickly sort of thing.
When he got his well-baby immunization (read: a shot), you would have thought he was having 10 teeth pulled medieval style. I haven't done much to prep him for today. I don't need anticipation to worsen the mood. I clearly don't think he remembers any of the three other times this sort of this has occurred to him because he hasn't asked many questions, so I am thinking that after the first board of pricks goes down on his arm? his back? we could be in a tug-of-war match with flying bribes, deafening screams, and muscle matches that will surprise anyone. I'm hoping to be surprised. If the nurse is anything like our first allergist nurse, she'll be swift and sly to prick him before he even knows what's coming.
Hoping for good news, but not expecting it. I just hope they test for everything under the sun so we can be done with this for a few more years. I also hope that whatever we find out, we find it out so we can get the kid some relief!
Sadly, I think Ms. Leila is going to be finding her way onto this scene real soon. Everyone thinks she escaped the allergies because it seems as though she's not allergic to food, but the environment is proving a different tale for her. In fact, she started singulair yesterday and if it doesn't start to improve her mood, her sleeping, etc... we'll be having her prick tested too.
These are the times that make my stomach stay in knots for days on end.
No comments:
Post a Comment