"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Monday, March 29, 2010

If you're taking my kids to the mall...

be prepared for multiple issues causing the need for multiple changes of clothes. It's like clock work: mall = mess.

When I was packing the diaper bag for a quick trip to the mall to try to find Austin a good-looking suit, I almost didn't pack spare clothes. Afterall, we wouldn't be there long, two of the three meals were already out of the way, and so on. Experience has taught me it's better to be safe than stuck buying new clothes/shoes/socks or whatever that I don't need to buy.

We needed all of the above before we even unloaded ourselves from the car.

We had just bypassed buying Leila cups for her Easter basket when she was getting served a black eye... and two days later she completely ripped the top spout part right out of the lid. Mental image: 13-month old in car seat with open top cup full of milk... in 35 degree downpours.

We have three of that kind of cup...it looks like the Easter Bunny is not finished yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment