"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Uh oh... it's hitting me!

Children simply grow up too fast, period. Lately it's really been hitting me that our little Leila is quickly leaving the precious baby days behind. When I got to this point when Gage was a baby, I knew it was time for baby number two... despite the pregnancy experiences that I had had. (I still just can't get over how Mother Nature takes care of mommas and how quickly all that 'bad' fades from memory.)

I think I'm going to have a harder time this go-around because there just isn't going to be baby number 3. Even if Austin and I change our minds, I'll be 36 before I could safely try to conceive again. Yuck, I just don't think I'd be able to start all over at 36.

So until then, I'm really trying to soak her in: lather on the baby lotions and overload on the rocking and cuddling. Some jobs a momma never grows tired of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment