"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Child Advocate

The central struggle of parenthood is to let our hopes for our children outweigh our fears. Ellen Goodman

I now have an independent child advocate social worker helping me wade through this business of sending my child to his school accompanied by his food allergies and his eosiniphillic esophagitis. Best decision I've made in months--if not for him, for me. Happy momma, happy home. It's a terrible saying, but it's true. I have spent 10 of the longest weeks full of anxiety, some rational, some irrational, and it is just simply a terrible, terrible place to be. However, if you know me and you read this blog, you will be happy to know that I promise not to become one of those parking lot moms although it is important to sometimes listen to them. Thus, my venting ends and my problem solving begins. Just in time for conferences tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment