"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Language Hurdles and an Angel
I'm trying to work more one on one with Leila as she is trying so hard to communicate more clearly and effectively with us... we just can't always understand her and she just doesn't always have the vocabulary she's looking for. To help, I'm making a serious effort to read with her even more often one on one. She has really taken to our Richard Scarry books lately and I think it's helping. Whenever I read Richard Scarry with her I think of Kamila who would have just scooped up Leila under her wing and soared with her in books and in learning. Richard Scarry, coming from the Allens of course as Kamila was the expert in child literacy, is just loaded with good stuff. She's thought of often and we really miss her. I think of her a lot during my travels through parenthood; so many lessons are still taught to me and I was blessed to have her grace my life even for only a blink in time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment