"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Car Talk

Some of the best conversations that I have with Gage occur in the car when we are out and about. I really think we could go live with it and have a pretty good radio show ourselves... and I like the NPR version of Car Talk, I just like our version better.

Yesterday I took Gage with me to run errands and spend Black Friday coupons. As always, we eat out on our first stop. Once we left Subway, I told Gage that we were fueled up and ready to shop... as we shouldn't shop on an empty belly.

Gage replies, Yeah, mom, 'cause then we'd run out of gas.

I said, Correct! Food is our fuel and we just got fueled up and ready to go.

Pause. Silence. And then this disgusted tone came from Gage as he matter-o-factly told me, Mom, I'm just a 'gas' man, I don't take fuel, I take gas!

I'm pretty sure back in my generation that statement to a parent would have been followed with a substantial DUH! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment