We are on house arrest today as our new oven/stove (I've learned that I interchange these terms as synonyms, though they are not) is scheduled to be delivered between 11 and 4. I'm so thankful for the sun and warmth on this day that we cannot leave the house. I've been cooking on a stove with only one working burner for nearly three months now, so this is huge for the Cable clan.
Aunt Ana brought Gage home from school and then I made a green lunch-- grated broccoli sauteed with salt and butter and served with noodles. I told Gage that eating a green lunch would help keep the leprechaun away, who had already run amuck his preschool classroom while they were out to recess. He left foot prints all over their tables and Gage said, he "did not want leprechaun prints all over our house!"
We played outside after lunch and all was going extremely well-- I've learned to 'unveil' different toys at different stages, as they continue to keep themselves occupied better rather than when we just unleash all the toys/sandbox/etc. at once. (If only I had a book to read!) I went inside to change out the laundry when Leila came running to the back door, absolutely distraught!
She had gone inside her playhouse-- its dirt floor currently is nothing but a mud pit-- and when she came out and saw her new shoes dirty (not to worry... although new, they were the play tennis shoes, not the Twinkle Toes) she was absolutely devastated and demanded they come off! Though she didn't want to come inside, she also did not want her muddy shoes on so we 'compromised': Cooperate with me and you can watch a movie instead of taking a nap.
Instantaneous hush.
I hate that bribery like that works... but sleeping/bed time/nap time has been a whole other issue for us lately. AND, the time change just made our night time with Leila worse, so I'm rolling with the bribe as a possible aid for tonight's bed time since I'll be solo.
Until that dreadful hour approaches, here's to sunshine on St. Patty's day and a hopeful walk later on (should this stove-oven ever get here)!
No comments:
Post a Comment