Over the weekend the kids and I ventured to visit with Grandma and Poppy and then ventured on to Canal Winchester to celebrate Samuel's birthday-- at his John Deere Birthday Party. (Amy and I wonder all the time how we gave birth to so many future farmers... we have no idea where this green passion came from)
We struck out three times trying to find Samuel the best John Deere Action video that we could, and I was surprised that Gage didn't have a melt down after try three. Another sign of maturity, I guess. I didn't have my travels timed very well in relation to store hours, that's for sure.
Before we got to the party, Gage politely reminded Leila, "that there will probably be kids there that we don't know, so you have to be on your best behavior." I think he's going to be able to start watching himself well before I'm ever ready for him to be past the little boy days.
I was amazed at how well Leila behaved, I was so excited for them to play with Rachel, Benjamen, and Samuel, and I was excited to 'play' with some of my family as well.
When we had to go, Rachel and Gage were playing a game on the compute and Gage said, "Well, Rachel... I have to go to Wendy's now, but you can call me and tell me how it turns out." Then twenty minutes later, Gage told me that when Leila gets bigger, I need to start doing her hair like Rachel's because "it's so pretty, mom." (And Rachel has a head so full of curls that are rare enough that I can't name one other person who has curls like hers... except for her momma.)
I definitely can't believe Samuel is 7... which means the twins will turn 5 next month... and then that leaves Gage to turn 5 next. Holy smokes!
No comments:
Post a Comment