"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Out of Gas

As previously mentioned, Leila and her ability to sleep have not been getting along lately. There are several things to chalk up the latest sleep deprivation issues to-- she's 2, she's headstrong and 2, she has an older brother she must keep up with so she fights tooth and nail nearly every nap, and she's cutting her four 2-year old molars (thus, is eating horribly, also).

Tonight, she fell asleep on the couch as Austin and I finished dinner. She was adorable. She was filthy. She was dead to the world and in the ozone... and she was adorable.

We didn't know what to do with her. Every previous attempt in situations like this to prepare her for bed and tussle with her minimally has ended horribly. Tonight, after the three weeks we've had, we knew to just put her into bed. We had to debate about changing the diaper. We did wash her face and hands.

Once in bed, she whined and went back to sleep on her belly. We debated the diaper again like we were two interns seeking a job at the law office. Back and forth, back and forth... I tossed it into Austin's lap--he wanted to give her a 'fresh' night's sleep since she hadn't had a bath.

And he pulled it off (no pun intended).

Folks, this is a first in Cable kid history--for either kid-- The successful transport from couch to bed in relative cleanliness and absolute dryness.

I must hurry off to relax now. :) I have an 8-page paper to write. But, it'll wait for tomorrow. (I'll regret this decision tomorrow) For now, I have mandatory rest and downtime that fell into my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment