"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Friday, February 17, 2012

Could it be only in my head?

Two things about Leila have been circling my "I wonder..." thoughts:

1. Proof of this blog reminds all of us that during pregnancy with Leila I loved eating the chocolate chocolate chip muffins from Franciscan University and I loved to eat Tim Horton Timbits most of all. (Keep in mind that I have never, ever voluntarily had a sweet tooth that could not be outsmarted by my will power since, like, junior high.)

2. The only way I could sleep--especially thanks to the neighbor's dog's nighttime barking antics-- was through a CD called Drum Medicine. The dog was a puppy and barked all the blessed night, I was so hot all the time that I kept the windows open (even in January), and well, pregnancy in general is an enemy for sleep. This CD was Austin's and I have no idea when/where/why he has it. I don't know if he bought it in Africa when he was teaching there... I just don't know. All I know is that I liked it, it helped me get to sleep, and it played constantly.

Back to Leila:

1. This girl's favorite meal of the week is our habitual Saturday morning breakfast of chocolate Timbits (she can eat 10 in no time)

and

2. Lately, she requested music to sleep to. Her dad put on Drum Medicine for her that first night and she's asked for it each night since. Away she goes to sleep-- no melatonin, no fights, no power struggles (well, most of the time).

I hate the phrase 'just saying' but it's an appropriate use for it at this point, I guess. Coincidence? Probably. What child wouldn't want to chow on chocolate timbits and why would she ask for any other music when her repertoire of artists is pretty limited?

No comments:

Post a Comment