"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Friday, February 3, 2012

Leila's pretend pajama party

To celebrate her birthday, Leila has wanted a pajama party off and on for a few weeks. Her birthday has come and gone and we didn't quite have a pajama party-- even though I promise we'll get to it once everyone is healthy (everyone including her friends who would come).

One funny story dealing with this cannot be forgotten in the meantime:
All of a sudden, to anyone who would listen (including strangers at the grocery store), Leila would inform people that she was having a pajama party. Innocent enough. But then... she would add details about the pajama party that are laughable unless you're the stranger at the grocery store.

As soon as someone would make a reply to her, she would sing these details in a little girl's excitement--
"Daddy will be naked, Gage will be naked, the Rudy boys will be naked... and Grandpa's belly button is huge!"


Early on when she started this singing at home, I knew she was saying this because her father and her brother usually don't wear actual pajamas to bed; they are a bit more of the 'underpants' kind of sleepers. Her calling that naked was her way of saying they wouldn't be wearing princess nightgowns like she prefers to do on any given day.

I had to prep her babysitter one morning when I dropped her off so she wouldn't be alarmed if Leila started talking about her naked father or worse yet the naked Rudy boys (who are other kids in farm council with all of us, including our babysitter)! Mollie, of course, thought it was hysterical and of course Leila didn't disappoint because at some point in the day, Leila informed Haw Haw all about her pajama party that would be full of 'naked boys.'

Naked boys at 3! What am I getting into with this girl? :)

Her tale is spreading around Richmond pretty quickly... already getting a reputation for ornery.

No comments:

Post a Comment