"I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it."
--Harry S. Truman

Monday, February 6, 2012

Kids and the Super Bowl

The kids watched a bit of the Super Bowl with me last night and although I was not a particular fan for either team, I just needed to take part in old traditions-- eat junk, drink beer, watch football. Therapeutic.

Gage was malleable-- I'm going to be able to shape him into sports anyway I want to at this point in time. His continual feedback included asking me questions and then once I answered, his comment would be to say "that's what I think, too, mom" or "that's what I like, too, mom". Of course, he just wasn't pleased that a tie wasn't an option. He really felt that it should be okay if both teams won. He didn't grasp my lesson on why a tie would just defeat the Super Bowl's purpose altogether.

Leila was entertained greatly by commercials and by Madonna. Her favorite commercial was for the M&Ms. She thought it was a riot that they were 1. naked (of course) 2. dancing and 3. talking. She was belly laughing about this-- totally in awe and giggles over 'talking nim-im-mims'. Once Madonna disappeared off stage at the end, Leila was extremely concerned for her. She gasped, got wide-eyed, looked at me and then shrank back in relief as her brain must have frantically searched for an explanation. As quickly as she gasped, she relaxed and said, "the other guy in black clothes must have had a magic wand."

I'd like to get my hands on one of those wands.

No comments:

Post a Comment